Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quinoa Salad

This has very quickly become one of my favorite dishes to make for myself.  I gotta admit I feel so healthy when I eat this one.
Quinoa is considered a super food, here are a couple of links for description:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4994/7-Benefits-of-Quinoa-The-Supergrain-of-the-Future.html

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/whatisquinoa.htm

I have been eating quinoa with my chicken etc for several months now but had never had quinoa salad until recently.
This recipe is a variation of other recipes I have seen on the internet...
I boil my quinoa until almost done and then I add a little chicken broth to it and cook the rest of the way.
Chop up tomatoes and cucumbers to whatever size you prefer then mix in apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar (sometimes I do a little bit of both). 
Mix sea salt and black pepper in with the tomatoes and cucumber.
On the side take a teaspoonful of coconut oil and sauté fresh shitake mushrooms until soft then combine mushrooms, quinoa, tomatoes and cucumbers all together.
Sometimes I add a little squeeze of lemon or orange for variety.
So yummy that I ate it for 3 days in a row one week :D not kidding breakfast, lunch and dinner!

oops I forgot...for a little crunch add a few pumpkin seeds :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment