Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Smell Of Arizona At Night

Yes I looked it up to see if anyone else feels the same and yes they do as evidenced by their description.
http://cactushuggers.tribe.net/thread/bbbb3874-0ae4-4b84-81b1-ee14e6c13fc4

Anyways the smell of Arizona at night is my absolute favorite scent.  I have never experienced anything like it before and always remembered it even while I was away. 
I really don't know how to describe it except to say it is as if every sweet flower opens themselves up and the combination of it all gives one extreme pleasure.
Don't bother trying to sniff out this pleasure during the day because you won't find it, it is only experienced at night.
I was just out riding my bike a few minutes ago, looking up at all the bright stars and trying to pay attention to my biking at the same time. 
When the smell came to me all I could do was slow down, close my eyes and just breathe as much of it in as possible. "Ahhhhhhhh yes I remember you and so we are here together again."
I couldn't help but think that this scent of all the plants and flowers mixed together is really just me being able to hear their language.  They speak to me through their fragrance.  It is their way of opening up, expressing themselves to say, "This is who I am, this is me and we are all speaking to you as one.  We are glad that you are here."
The language of the desert spoken to all and heard by those who will listen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment