Monday, April 29, 2013

Chilling truth-Flowers in the Attic

I read the book Flowers in the Attic when I was just a child.  Little did I know that the story I was reading was true to life.
In the book the grandmother slowly poisons the children by putting arsenic etc. in the sugary treats she gives them.  Eventually the mother poisons her own children too because she wants to save her own skin and remain in the elitist family that she was born into. 
More true to life than what you may realize ;) 
I tried to find a clip of the grandmother lacing the cookies but couldn't find it. Cathy is the oldest daughter who is one of the children being poisoned.  When she discovers what her mother has been up to she flips out on her.
The movie is great but the book is better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment