Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dodging A Bullet

Dodging A Bullet

I want to speak about this because I truly feel that I dodged a bullet several days ago and maybe this will help someone else to do the same.  I will not tell specifics but I will tell enough so that you can understand my point.
A few days ago I met a guy.  He was quite charming, clean cut, muscular body and he smiled a lot.  He seemed all in all a very nice guy.
I really didn't have an attraction to him but I also didn't not have an attraction because my mind just wasn't even thinking about that when we met.  I do remember watching him while he talked and thinking to myself that he was really handsome but no feelings of attraction were present that I can remember.
So we talked a little and all seemed well and good.  No major conversation just a little friendly small talk.  At no point did I flirt with him or hint at any type of interest.  I was just polite and friendly as I would be to anyone I just met.
All was going well until...
At some point this man recognized that there was something I needed.  I will not go into what it was but please know I never discussed it with him or hinted that I needed anything.  Well out of the blue he offers to provide this thing that I needed.
Wow what a sweetheart right ?  I was extremely surprised and happy and politely thanked him and told him that was very nice of him.  Then immediately after I said thank you I then said, " You know I really appreciate your offer but I can't accept it.  Thank You so much though that is kind of you to offer."
So no big deal right?  Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  His whole attitude changed and he immediately began to speak to me very rudely and disrespectful.  He also displayed some very crude behavior and basically treated me like a piece of crap.
My mind was kind of in a whirlwind because it all happened so suddenly.  I didn't really react to him at all because I was so confused. I was left just kind of standing there feeling bruised like "what just happened."
However, once it was all over and I had some time to think I realized that I had just escaped him manipulating me and that was what pissed him off so bad!  He was trying to put me in a position of dependency so that he could dominate me from the very start and when I refused that position he didn't like it and had no use for me whatsoever.
I am so thankful that I didn't become involved with this person in any way at all!  I am just so thankful that I somehow dodged this bullet because I didn't even do it on purpose.  I just have this feeling that if I would have said yes to his offer he would have come into my life and completely taken over and I would have not even seen it coming before it was too late. 


No comments:

Post a Comment