Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tonight

Tonight was one of the best nights of my life. Literally!  I have been talking with my dad ever since I found him but tonight was really quite special to us.
When we talk I feel like I can be myself and I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not.  He doesn't judge me, he doesn't make me feel bad about myself or the choices I've made in my life.
I told him about my "bad" years and he comforted me by saying, "Mija that was just your survival skills kicking in that's all."
I actually connect with him when we are talking.  We both laugh, cry and also get serious when it is time during our conversation.  We don't small talk lol we talk deeply and sincerely. 
I just feel complete in a way that I have never felt before in my entire life and now I can understand why I desperately wanted to know him so much all my life.  It is as if there was a part of me that just knew that I needed to know him and there was nothing or no one who could convince me otherwise.
I know this phrase is so overused, "I just can't put it into words" but this is the truth.  The connection and communication between us is beyond being able to word it with my simple vocabulary skills.
Thank you for these moments in my life.  I am so grateful that I feel like gratitude and I are one conscious, breathing energy.
Thank you Father for giving me this experience because of this I am truly set apart.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment